Hedging and monetization strategies can be customized according to your parameters. When determining which strategies best meet your needs, some issues for consideration are:
- What percentage of your current stock position do you anticipate hedging or monetizing?
- What is your time horizon?
- What are your short, intermediate, and long-term price targets on the stock, if any?
- What are your liquidity needs?
- Is diversification one of your goals?
- Are there any restrictions, legal or contractual, that impact your ability to sell shares?
- Are you subject to a lock-up agreement?
- Do you have “insider” or “affiliate” status with the company that issued the shares?